Online Andar Bahar - How and Where to Play
Andar Bahar (अंदर बहार) is an old traditional Indian card game that originated in Bangalore in South India, long before our grandfathers learned how to walk. It is probably one of the simplest card games out there. But the joy and excitement of winning are still the same as for any other card game. The game is sometimes also referred to as Katti, but most people tend to call it Andar Bahar.
- It is easy to learn how to play Andar Bahar online
- It is fun to play Andar Bahar live online with real money
- Andar Bahar is available in almost any online casino
- A popular game that does not require an awful lot of time
- If you play it too much you may get bored
- Slot games have a higher payout ratio
Andar Bahar rules – how the game is played
The game is considered very easy to learn, and all you need to play the game is one single deck of 52 cards. The game is a typical 50/50-chance card game, with relatively few outcomes and few bets to make.
Andar Bahar is probably one of the simplest and most popular card games in all of India
In essence, the player has to decide whether to bet on the left side, which is called Andar (अंदर). Or if he would like to bet on the right side, which is called Bahar (बहार).
Here is an overview of the basic rules of Andar Bahar:
- The game is played with a standard 52-card deck, and the cards are ranked in their usual order, with aces being the highest and twos being the lowest.
- The game is played with a single dealer and one or more players.
- The dealer shuffles the cards and places them face down on the table.
- The players place their bets on either the "Andar" (inside) or "bahar" (outside) side of the table.
- The dealer then reveals the first card from the deck and places it in the centre of the table. This card is called the open card.
- If the open card is a spade or club, it is placed inside the table. If it is a heart or diamond, it is placed on the bahar side of the table.
- The dealer then reveals cards one by one and places them on the appropriate side of the table.
- If a card of the same suit as the open card is revealed, it is placed on the same side as the open card. If a card of a different suit is revealed, it is placed on the opposite side of the table.
- The game continues until a card of the same rank as the open card is revealed. If the card is revealed on the outside side, the inside bettors win. If it is revealed on the bahar side, the bahar bettors win.
- If the open card is not matched within a certain number of cards, the game is a draw, and the bets are returned to the players.
Betting options for a matching card and side bets in Andar Bahar
The dealer will continue to deal cards to the left and to the right of the middle card, Andar and Bahar, until the same value card appears. When it does, the player that placed a bet on that particular side will win.
Side bets not only allow you to bet on which side the same value card will appear, but it will also give you the option to bet on when it will appear. You can for example bet that the card will appear on the Andar or Bahar side on card 11-15, which will give you an additional payout of 5:1.
Andar Bahar Payout Scheme
|Standard Bet – Payout|
|Side Bet – Payout|
|1 -5 (one to five cards)||3:1|
|6 – 10 (six to ten cards)||4:1|
|11 – 15 (eleven to fifteen cards)||5:1|
|16 – 25 (sixteen to twenty-five cards)||4:1|
|26 – 30 (twentysix to thirty cards)||15:1|
|31 – 35 (thirty-one to thirty-five cards)||25:1|
|36 – 40 (thirty-six to forty cards)||50:1|
|41 – (forty-one or more)||120:1|
Play Andar Bahar Live at Online Casinos in India
You can play live dealer Andar Bahar at most online casinos in India.
All dealers speak perfect English, are responsive to the customers’ needs, and always bring a smile to the table. Several players will participate in the game at the same time. You will always see how the other players are placing their bets. If you want, you can decide on your strategy based on that.
Live Andar Bahar is becoming increasingly popular amongst Indian Players. The personal touch of a live dealer allows you to see how your cards are dealt. This classic Indian card game is now closer to you than ever before. When you are ready to play, choose a real money online casino that offers a good welcome bonus and many betting options.