Skrill Review 2020 India
We have earlier dissected the different payment methods and deposit options in our section payment methods. Our recommendation has always been to use Skrill India when opening an eWallet account and depositing money with the betting sites. In this Skrill review, we will take a deep dive to explain why and how Skrill India makes sense for you.
Skrill Review – Pros
- Very easy to deposit and withdraw cash
- Low or no costs associated with using Skrill
- Excellent customer support
- Very high overall rating on Trustpilot
Skrill Review – Cons
- People in some countries cannot use their services
- You can only send money to a bank account or mobile wallet
Skrill was founded in the UK in 2001 under the name Moneybookers. The vision of Skrill was to become a cheap option for people to shop online. To make your online eWallet accessible only one click away. To become people’s one-stop money transfer shop, regardless of where they are located.
Since 2001 the shareholding of Skrill has changed several times. First, it was acquired by Investcorp in 2007. Six years later it was acquired by the international private equity firm CVC, who held the shares for only two years. In 2015 Skrill was acquired by Optimal Payments for EUR 1.1 billion. Optimal Payments later changed the name to Paysafe Group, which is still the owner of Skrill.
Skrill has since inception evolved into becoming the leading payment service provider globally. Today you can transfer money electronically, peer-to-peer, across the globe without barriers. A seamless experience with great functionalities offered by few others. They are fully authorized and regulated, which provides comfort to its millions of users.
Best Betting Sites for PayPal Deposits
Is Skrill safe to use in India?
Is Skrill legal in India?
How do I deposit money with Skrill?
Is Skrill free to use?
Skrill VIP Review
Like most other financial institutions, such as banks, and credit card companies, Skrill has a loyalty program. For its high spending and high turnover customers, Skrill offers a VIP program with lots of great perks. The Skrill VIP program includes features like:
- Multi-currency Skrill accounts
- Skrill security token for secure login and transfers
- Skrill loyalty points that can later be transferred into cash or e-commerce cashpoints
A Skrill VIP membership will also give you other perks such as exclusive offers and access to Skrill news.
At Skrill you can open accounts in 40 different currencies, making it one of the biggest in terms of reach. You can deposit money in one currency and then exchange it into one of the 40 currencies. Skrill allows you to start with one currency and then add more currencies later on, as you grow your account. The main Skrill currencies are USD, EUR, and GBP, but Indian INR is also a possible option.
Skrill transfer fees and exchange rates
There are no charges or costs associated with transferring money using Skrill. You can transfer money from a bank account or mobile money account free of charge. We have also tried transferring money directly from a debit or credit card using Skrill, but still, there are no charges associated with such transfers. The same thing goes for international transfers to foreign currencies. Skrill currently doesn’t charge anything for exchange rate transactions either. This means you get the base rate and noting else. No hidden fees.
Skrill Mobile App Review
From the outset, the Skrill Mobile app is intuitive and easy to use. But how does it compare to for example its sibling Neteller or main competitor PayPal? In short – Skrill is at the forefront when it comes to delivering on the mobile app as well. In our opinion, no money transfer service is as neat, userfriendly and fast as the Skrill Mobile App. It comes as no surprise that Skrill has millions of users worldwide. When completing this review we read-up on Trustpilot to hear out the public and get a second opinion on our views. What we saw was that 70% rated the Skrill service and App as excellent, which is by far the highest grade amongst all payment services providers. We also saw that the ease of use was praised by many readers.
The Skrill mobile app is available on iOS and Android, so you can access the services from any smartphone. If you would like to download the app now, go to the Skrill App Download page.
- Getting started and logging in Log in to the mobile app using your Skrill account details
- Initiate money transfer Click on the “send money” button available in the menu
- Add recipient Enter recipient details such as e-mail address, street address as well as payment details
- Choose payment type Select which currency you would like to use and how much money you would like to send
- Submit payment Confirm all the details, accept terms end send payment
Skrill eWallet Review
All good so far, but what can you as a customer expect from Skrill? What features does the Skrill eWallet offer?
Money transfer options
- Send money directly to bank accounts, mobile wallets, pre-paid cards or other Skrill accounts
- Send and receive money both nationally and internationally
- You can pay for goods or services or deposit money with betting sites, such as Bet365
- To a Skrill Pre-paid Mastercard
- With a VISA card
- With a Skrill virtual prepaid card online