These 2 cricketing giants have faced off in 21 T20 international matches over the years, with India winning 12 of those matches and Australia winning only 8, with 1 match being declared as a No Result. 10 of those 21 matches were played in Australia, and India has won 6 of them, with Australia winning 3, and 1 being declared as a No Result. Australia are currently the top-ranked team in T20 Internationals, while India is ranked 3. India beat Australia by 11 runs in the first ODI, after scoring 161 in the first innings. They would be looking to continue that momentum.
India beat Australia by 11 runs in the first T20 match of the 3 match series with a spirited bowling performance. Despite that, Australia are in sublime form of late, with their batsmen in great touch. They posted mammoth totals to win the first two ODIs with comfortable margins, and Steve Smith in particular, looks to be in the form of his life with back-to-back blistering centuries in the first two matches. David Warner however, has injured his groin and will miss all 3 T20 matches, and his absence was clearly felt as Australia lost their last 2 matches in a row without him. They struggled with the bat in the first match of the series, managing only 150, with only Moises Henriques impressing with the bat and ball both.
The Indian bowlers took a heavy battering in the ODI series, conceding more than 760 runs in the first two matches. Bumrah in particular was very disappointing as he couldn’t trouble the Aussie batsmen at all. However, in the first T20 match of the series, the likes of Natarajan and Chahal performed brilliantly, restricting Australia to only 150. Ravindra Jadeja was brilliant with the bat but unfortunately suffered from concussion and hence will miss the rest of the series. KL Rahul scored a lovely half century to anchor the innings , and would be hoping for some more support from the likes of Dhawan and Kohli.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
Both these teams are equal favourites ahead of this match at 1.89. Throughout this series, Australia have deservingly been the favourites to win every game, however, after 2 consecutive defeats the odds are now equal as a blockbuster game is expected.
Top Team Batsman
Virat Kohli is still the favourite to be India’s top batsman in this match after consecutive hald centuries in his last two matches and he has odds of 3.50. KL Rahul is now the 2nd favourite and has odds of 4.00, after his brilliant innings in the first match, continuing his T20 form after winning the Orange Cap in the IPL.
In the absence of their mercurial opener David Warner, Captain Aaron Finch is now the favourite to be the top scorer at 3.75. He is followed by Smith and D’arcy Short at 4.25. Keeper Mathew Wade is 3rd at 4.50.
Highest Opening Partnership
Australia are the favourites to have the highest opening partnership in this match at 1.86. Finch and Short gave Australia a solid start, with both crossing the 30 run mark. While KL Rahul scored a half century, he wasn’t supported by his opening partner as he got out on 1.
Top Team Bowler
Mitchell Starc is the favourite to be the top bowler in the absence of Cummins, with odds of 4.00. He is followed by the prolific leggie Adam Zampa, who has odds of 4.25. Josh Hazelwood really troubled the Indian batsmen in the previous series, specially Kohli, and he is at 4.50 to be the top bowler.
After picking up 3 wickets in the previous match, Chahal is the new favourite to be the top Indian bowler again at 3.75. He is followed by Natarajan at 4.50, who also picked up 3 wickets.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 341 runs in this match are 1.83, as per LeoVegas. This seems highly achievable as Sydney is not a huge ground and is known for plenty of big hits. The 2 ODI matches here saw a lot of runs from both sides, and we expect that to continue. 341 effectively means 170.5 runs per innings, which is very easily gettable for both these teams..
Individual Player Betting
- KL Rahul to score more than 30.5 runs has odds of 1.83, which is a tempting bet as he would like to continue his current form and build on his previous innings. Aaron Finch to score more than 28.5 runs also has odds of 1.83. This is also a relatively safe bet as he scored brilliant back-to-back half centuries in the first two matches and looked good in the previous match as well.
- Despite losing the first match, Australia hit more sixes than India, with Henriques and Swepson also joining the party, joining players such as Finch, Smith, Stoinis and Maxwell, who are all capable of the big hits. Australia to hit most sixes has odds of 2.15.
- Chahal to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.32, which is very attractive as he can snap up key wickets in the beginning as well as towards the end of the innings. Zampa to take 2 or more wickets also has odds of 2.45, which is attractive as he can also bowl in the middle overs and break partnerships.
Our Top Betting Picks
- India to win the match @1.89
- Australia to hit the most sixes @2.05
- Australia to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.86
- Chahal to be India’s top bowler @3.75