Rajasthan Royals were the inaugural winners of the IPL, back in 2008. However, they have consistently struggled ever since. Kolkata Knight Riders have won the IPL title twice, and are one of the most unpredictable teams in the league. These two teams have met each other 21 times, and both have won 10 games each, with one match being abandoned However, KKR have a much better record of late, winning 4 of their previous 5 clashes.
Rajasthan Royals have won both their matches so far in incredible fashion. First they set up a mammoth score to take down the mighty Chennai Super Kings, and then they managed to record the highest chase in IPL history to make an incredible comeback and win against the Kings XI Punjab, in one of the best-ever IPL games. Sanju Samson is the most in-form batsman in the league, while Smith has ably supported him. Tewatia was the talk of the league after his blistering match-winning knock containing 7 sixes.
KKR had a disappointing defeat in their first match, but came back well to defeat the Sunrisers convincingly. Shubman Gill looks to be in great touch again, and they would be sweating over the form of Andre Russel, who can win matches single handedly.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
Kolkata Knight Riders are the favourites to win the match with odds of 1.80 as per Bet 365, which is slightly surprising as the Royals are the only undefeated side in the tournament. KKR’s dominating win in their previous match may suggest they are back on track. RR to win has odds of 2.00, as per Bet 365, which is quite attractive as they are in tremendous form, and may even have more big players back in the side for this one.
Top Team Batsman
Rajasthan Royals now have Jos Buttler back and he is unsurprisingly the favourite to be their top batsman in this match with odds of 3.50. His opening partner Sanju Samson has odds of 4.00, while the dependable Steve Smith also has odds of 4.00. Both these bets are very attractive as Smith and Samson are in tremendous form.
Youngster Shubman Gill is the favourite to be KKR’s top scorer in this match, as he is widely considered to be their most consistent batsman and played a brilliant innings in the previous match, and has odds of 4.00. England captain Morgan and danger man Andre Russel have odds of 5.00 each.
Highest Opening Partnership
RR are favourites at 1.72 to have the highest opening partnership in this match, as they are widely considered to have the most experienced opening pair in the tournament in Smith and Buttler. Smith is in red hot form, while Buttler is due a big innings too.
Top Team Bowler
Both the pace bowling spearheads of each team, Jofra Archer (3.25) and Pat Cummins (3.75), are the favourites to be the top bowlers of their respective teams, as per Bet 365. Sunil Narine and Shreyas Gopal, both at 4.50, are also attractive options.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 333.5 runs in this match are 1.83, as per Bet 365. This is not surprising as Rajasthan Royals have crossed 200 runs in both their matches so far. KKR have a fairly deep batting lineup as well, hence the required average score per team for this bet, which is just 167, is very likely.
Individual Player Betting
- Jos Buttler to score more than 26.5 runs has odds of 1.83 , which is a tempting bet as he would be eager to bounce back after a poor performance. Shubman Gill to score more than 21.5 runs has odds of 1.83 as well, which is again very tempting as he looks to be in good touch, and was the match winner in the previous game.
- RR to hit the most sixes has odds of 2.10, which is very tempting as Sanju Samson and Rahul Tewatia slammed 14 sixes among them in the previous match, while KKR to hit the most sixes has odds of 2.00, which depends on Andre Russel primarily.
- Jofra Archer to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.10, while Sunil Narine to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.50, which is likely as he is their main threat.
Our Top Betting Picks
- RR to win the match @1.90
- RR to hit the most sixes @2.10
- RR to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.72
- Archer to be RR’s top wicket-taker @3.25