Chennai Super Kings are one of the most dominant teams in IPL history, having reached the final 8 times, and winning it 3 times. SRH won the title twice before, first as Deccan Chargers in 2009 and then under David Warner in 2016. These two sides have met 12 times in IPL history, with CSK winning 9 times and Sunrisers winning the other 3.
SRH lost both their opening 2 matches, and were rock bottom of the table before their clash with Delhi Capitals. However, they regrouped and beat the table toppers with an impressive bowling performance, led by Rashid Khan and Bhuvaneshwar Kumar. David Warner and Bairstow showed that they are finally getting their golden touch back, and would like that to continue.
CSK started the IPL in great fashion, by beating the favourites Mumbai Indians, however they have struggled massively ever since. Missing key players, they lost back to back matches against Rajasthan Royals and Delhi Capitals, and really need to bounce back if they want to progress further in the tournament. Rayudu will hopefully be back for them, and so will Dwayne Bravo, which is a huge boost.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
Chennai Super Kings are the favourites to win the match with odds of 1.80 as per Bet 365, which is slightly surprising as they have lost 2 out of the 3 matches they have played so far, including their previous match against Delhi Capitals in disappointing fashion. SRH had also lost 2 out of 2 matches before they showed everyone why they are considered as the best bowling side in the tournament to beat Delhi Capitals, and have odds of 2.00 to win, as per Bet 365, which is attractive as their bowlers can take them to victory on their day.
Top Team Batsman
Faf Du Plessis is the favourite from CSK to be the top scorer, with odds of 3.50, while his fellow opener Shane Watson, who has struggled so far, has odds of 4.33. The impressive Rayudu has odds of 4.50, and would be looking to make a comeback to the team.
SRH captain David Warner is unsurprisingly the favourite to be their top batsman in this match with odds of 3.00. His opening partner Johnny Bairstow has odds of 3.60, while the dependable Kane Williamson has odds of 5.00. The consistent Manish Pandey has odds of 5.00, which is an attractive bet.
Highest Opening Partnership
SRH are favourites at 1.72 to have the highest opening partnership in this match, as they are widely considered to have the best opening pair in the tournament, in Warner and Bairstow. An explosive start could be a game-changer in this match.
Top Team Bowler
South African pacer Lungi Ngidi is the favourite from CSK to be the top bowler at 3.75, followed by all-rounder Sam Curran at 4.00.
Rashid Khan is unsurprisingly SRH’s favourite to be the top team bowler at 3.00, followed by Bhuvneshwar Kumar at 4.50.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 322.5 runs in this match are 1.66, as per Bet 365. This is a pretty attractive bet as SRH’s top order seems to be in form, while Chennai will have Rayudu back, which will be a huge boost to their batting.
Individual Player Betting
- Shane Watson to score more than 23.5 runs has odds of 2.00 , which is a tempting bet as he would like to finally make a big innings. David Warner to score more than 28.5 runs has odds of 1.83, which is again very tempting as he would like to continue his form from the last game.
- CSK to hit the most sixes has odds of 1.85, which is likely as Watson and Du Plessis are big hitters, and Dhoni at his best can be fairly destructive as well. SRH to hit the most sixes has odds of 2.30, which depends on both their openers exploding again.
- Rashid Khan to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.10, while Ngidi to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.25, which is likely.
Our Top Betting Picks
- CSK to win the match @1.80
- CSK to hit the most sixes @1.85
- SRH to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.72
- Rashid Khan to be SRH’s top wicket-taker @3.00