DC are one of only 3 teams to have never won the IPL title, while Kolkata Knight Riders have won the title twice, ironically under former DC captain Gautam Gambhir’s leadership. There is a lot of animosity between the fans of both these teams, which makes this rivalry extremely intense. These 2 teams have faced off 24 times in total, with KKR winning 13 of those, and DC winning 10, with one match being abandoned.
The Delhi Capitals won their opening two matches to get off to the perfect start, and were top of the table before they lost to Sunrisers Hyderabad in their previous game. Their batting top order looks fairly consistent, with notable contributions from atleast two of the top order batsmen in every game so far, followed by some big hitting by the likes of Stoinis and Hetmyer after them. The bowling looks very good, however, with very economical spells by the spinners and a brilliant pace partnership between Rabada and Nortje.
KKR had a nightmare start to the tournament in contrast, being thrashed by Mumbai Indians in their opening game. However, they bounced back very well with impressive victories over Rajasthan Royals Sunrisers. Shubman Gill is back to top form now, but the most encouraging aspect of KKR currently is the brilliant form of their young Indian bowlers- Nagarkoti, Mavi and Varun, which makes them a very balanced side going ahead in the tournament.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
DC are the favourites to win the match with odds of 1.80 as per Bet 365. They are in decent form with 2 wins in their last 3 matches, however they lost the previous game disappointingly to SRH. KKR are in great form, with 2 back to back impressive wins, and currently have odds of 2.00 to win, as per Bet 365, which is attractive as their young bowling line-up can turn the game in their favour at any stage.
Top Team Batsman
Last season’s top scorer Shikhar Dhawan is the favourite to be Delhi’s top batsman in this match with odds of 3.60. His opening partner Prithvi Shaw has odds of 4.00 after his impressive innings in the second match, while captain Shreyas Iyer has odds of 4.50.
Youngster Shubman Gill is the favourite to be KKR’s top scorer in this match, as he is widely considered to be their most consistent batsman and played a brilliant innings in the previous 2 matches, and has odds of 3.60. England captain Morgan and danger man Andre Russel have odds of 5.00 each, and both are back in form.
Highest Opening Partnership
DC are the favourites at 1.80 to have the highest opening partnership in this match, as their openers seem to be in better nick than KKR’s opening pair. While Shubman Gill is in form, Narine is struggling, and hence they are unable to post big opening partnerships. Dhawan and Shaw are more likely to forge another big partnership at the top.
Top Team Bowler
South African pace spearhead Kagiso Rabada is in brilliant form of late, and is DC’s favourite to be the top bowler, at 2.87, followed by the experienced Amit Mishra at 4.50.
The most expensive purchase at this season’s auction, Pat Cummins is the favourite at 3.75 to be KKR’s top bowler, followed by Shivam Mavi and Sunil Narine at 5.00 each.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being less than 374.5 runs in this match are 1.72, as per Bet 365. This is a pretty attractive bet as both these teams have a fairly strong bowling line-up, and have consistently restricted opposition teams to lower scores than the average of 168 required for this bet.
Individual Player Betting
- Prithvi Shaw to score more than 22.5 runs has odds of 1.72 , which is a tempting bet as he would like to finally make a big innings, and put his inconsistent form behind him. Shubman Gill to score more than 21.5 runs has odds of 1.61, which is again very tempting as he would like to continue his form from the last two matches, as he top scored for KKR in both.
- KKR to hit the most sixes have odds of 1.76, which is likely as Andre Russel can single-handedly outscore a whole team when it comes to hitting sixes. can clear the ropes with ease. They also have Morgan, who is very fond of mighty sixes on the leg side. DC to hit the most sixes have odds of 2.40, which can be tricky too, as they have many players who are capable of clearing the ropes.
- Kagiso Rabada to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.10, while Cummins to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.75, which is likely.
Our Top Betting Picks
- KKR to win the match @2.00
- KKR to hit the most sixes @1.76
- DC to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.80
- Rabadal to be DC’s top wicket-taker @3.00