KXIP are one of only 3 teams to have never won the IPL title, while Chennai Super Kings have won the title thrice,. These 2 teams have faced off 21 times in total, with CSK winning 12 of those, and KXIP winning 9. Last season both these teams won one match each, and are equally poised coming into this contest.
CSK started the IPL in great fashion, by beating the favourites Mumbai Indians, however they have struggled massively ever since. Missing key players, they lost back to back matches against Rajasthan Royals and Delhi Capitals, and really need to bounce back if they want to progress further in the tournament. Rayudu is now be back for them, and so is Dwayne Bravo, which is a huge boost
KXIP look to be in incredible batting form. Both their openers, Rahul and Mayank have played two big innings each, including a century each as well. They have scored 200+ runs twice already, although their bowling failed them as RR managed to chase down the highest score in IPL history against them. With more support from the likes of Maxwell and Pooran in the middle order, and more consistency from the bowling attack, KXIP should be able to see off CSK.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
CSK are the favourites to win the match with odds of 1.80 as per Bet 365. They are in poor form having lost 3 games in a row, but still have enough firepower to pose a genuine threat. KXIP have also lost their last 2 matches, but have shown why they are considered as the best batting side in the tournament, and have odds of 2.00 to win, as per Bet 365, which is attractive as their openers can take them to victory on their day.
Top Team Batsman
After his unbelievable form all season, KL Rahul is the favourite to be Punjab’s top batsman, with odds of 3.00. He is followed by his opening partner Mayank Agarwal at 4.00, which is tempting as he has been in equally brilliant form.
Faf Du Plessis is the favourite from CSK to be the top scorer, with odds of 3.50, while his fellow opener Shane Watson, who has struggled so far, has odds of 4.33. The impressive Rayudu has odds of 4.50, and would be looking to make a comeback to the team.
Highest Opening Partnership
KXIP are favourites at 1.80 to have the highest opening partnership in this match, as they are widely considered to have the most in-form opening pair of the tournament, in Rahul and Agarwal. An explosive start could be a game-changer in this match.
Top Team Bowler
Deepak Chahar is the favourite from CSK to be the top bowler at 3.75, followed by all-rounder Sam Curran at 4.00.
Mohammed Shami is the favourite to be the top bowler for Punjab at 3.00, with Cottrel at 4.50 another attractive option.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 333.5 runs in this match are 1.80, as per Bet 365. This is a pretty attractive bet as KXIP’s top order seems to be in red-hot form, while Chennai will have Rayudu back, which will be a huge boost to their batting, which is anyway very deep.
Individual Player Betting
- Shane Watson to score more than 23.5 runs has odds of 2.00 , which is a tempting bet as he would like to finally make a big innings. KL Rahul to score more than 27.5 runs has odds of 1.83 , which is a tempting bet as he seems to be in great form.
- CSK to hit the most sixes has odds of 1.85, which is likely as Watson and Du Plessis are big hitters, and Dhoni at his best can be fairly destructive as well. KXIP to hit the most sixes has odds of 2.00, which depends on both their openers exploding again.
- Sam Curran to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.90, while Chris Jordan not to take a wicket has odds of 2.75, which is likely as he is out of form.
Our Top Betting Picks
- CSK to win the match @1.80
- CSK to hit the most sixes @1.85
- KXIP to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.80
- Shami to be KXIP’s top wicket-taker @3.00