DC and RCB are 2 of only 3 teams to have never won the IPL title, with DC failing to even reach the final, which RCB have done multiple times. These 2 teams have faced off 23 times in total, with RCB winning 14 of those, and DC winning 8, with one match being abandoned. Last season, however, the Delhi Capitals dominated in the league and won both their matches against Royal Challengers Bangalore convincingly.
The Delhi Capitals won their opening two matches to get off to the perfect start, and were top of the table before they lost to Sunrisers Hyderabad in their previous game. Their batting top order looks fairly consistent, with notable contributions from atleast two of the top order batsmen in every game so far, followed by some big hitting by the likes of Stoinis and Hetmyer after them. The bowling looks very good, however, with very economical spells by the spinners and a brilliant pace partnership between Rabada and Nortje. Amit Mishra has pulled out of the IPL though, due to a hand injury, and will be a big loss.
RCB had a nightmare start to the tournament in contrast, being thrashed by KXIP by a mammoth 97 runs in their opening game. However, they bounced back well with impressive victories over Hyderabad and Mumbai. In their last match, Virat Kohli finally delivered after 3 poor performances, and he along with the very impressive Devdutt Padikkal took RCB to glory against the Rajasthan Royals.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
Both these teams are equally poised to win the match, with odds of 1.90 each as per Bet 365. They have both won 3 out of the 4 matches they have played so far, and sit 2nd and 3rd on the league points table. RCB have won their last two matches in a row, while Delhi Capitals recorded one of their highest ever totals in the previous match against KKR.
Top Team Batsman
Shikhar Dhawan is, as usual, the favourite to be Delhi’s top batsman in this match with odds of 3.60. His opening partner Prithvi Shaw has odds of 4.00 after his impressive innings in the second match, while captain Shreyas Iyer has odds of 4.50, after his blistering knock in the previous match propelled them to 227.
With a return to form, Virat Kohli is the favourite from RCB to be the top scorer, with odds of 3.00. AB Devilliers was brilliant as he top scored in the first match and is 4.00 to repeat that. Youth sensation Devdutt Padikkal scored another brilliant 50 in the previous match and is 4.33 to be the top scorer.
Highest Opening Partnership
Both these teams are equally poised at 1.90 to have the highest opening partnership in this match, as all the openers are in great form so far. Devdutt and Finch are slowly turning out to be a gem of a pair, while Shaw and Dhawan are more than capable of posting massive partnership scores.
Top Team Bowler
Yuzvendra Chahal is the undisputed favourite to be RCB’s top bowler in this match, with odds of 3.00 after a wicket-laden couple of matches. He is followed by fellow leggie Adam Zampa at 4.33.
South African pace spearhead Kagiso Rabada is in brilliant form of late, and is DC’s favourite to be the top bowler, at 2.87, followed by compatriot Nortje at 4.00.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 329.5 runs in this match are 1.72, as per Bet 365. This is a pretty attractive bet as DCs top order seems to be in red-hot form, as they scored 227 in the previous match, while RCB seem to have got Kohli back in form, and he can wreak havoc with ABD and Finch around him.
Individual Player Betting
- Virat Kohli to score more than 29.5 runs has odds of 1.83 , which is a tempting bet as he would like to continue his prolific form. Prithvi Shaw to score more than 22.5 runs has odds of 1.83, which is again very tempting as he would like to continue his form from the last game.
- RCB to hit the most sixes has odds of 1.80, which is likely as ABD and Finch can easily clear the ropes. DC to hit the most sixes has odds of 2.37, which is a very tempting bet as Iyer, Pant, Dhawan, Stoinis and Hetmyer all are known for their big-hitting prowess.
- Yuzvendra Chahal to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.25, while Kagiso Rabada to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.10. Both these bets are very likely as they are the top wicket-takers of their respective teams.
Our Top Betting Picks
- DC to win the match @1.90
- DC to hit the most sixes @2.37
- RCB to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.90
- Chahal to be RCB’s top wicket-taker @3.00