Mumbai Indians are the most successful franchise in IPL history, winning their 4th title last season. Rajasthan Royals won the first ever IPL title in 2008, but have struggled ever since. These 2 teams have faced off 21 times in total, with both winning 10 matches each, with one match being abandoned. Last season, however, the Royals defeated the eventual champions Mumbai in both fixtures.
MI are currently sitting 2nd in the league table, with 3 wins in 5 matches. After a couple of damaging defeats to arch-rivals CSK and RCB, MI recovered well to put up a mammoth scored against Sunrisers Hyderabad in their previous game, highlighting their deep batting lineup. Rohit Sharma and De Kock both have played some big innings each, but the most encouraging aspect is the form of their middle and lower batting order, with Pollard and the Pandya brothers helping them explode towards the end.
Rajasthan Royals started IPL 2020 with a bang, winning their first 2 matches in dramatic fashion, scoring over 400 runs in the process. Their top order has been fairly consistent while Jofra Archer has been absolutely brilliant with the bat as well as ball. The return of Ben Stokes will make them an even more formidable unit. However, they have lost their last 2 matches in a row, and are currently 5th in the table.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
Mumbai Indians are the favourites to win the match with odds of 1.66 as per Bet 365, which is not surprising as they seem to have regained top form just in time. They crossed the 200 matk against SRH in the previous match, and their batting line up is one of the strongest and deepest in the league. RR to win has odds of 2.30, which is not surprising as they have lost their last 2 games in a row.
Top Team Batsman
Quinton De Kock and Rohit Sharma are again favourites from MI to be the top scorers, with odds of 3.40 and 3.30 respectively, and both are expected to give a solid start again. Suryakumar Yadav has been very consistent after them and is 5.00 to be the top scorer in this match, while the top scorer of the previous match Ishan Kishan is at 6.00.
Jos Buttler is unsurprisingly the favourite to be their top batsman in this match with odds of 3.40. His opening partner Sanju Samson has odds of 4.00, while the dependable Steve Smith also has odds of 4.00. Both these bets are very attractive as Smith and Samson are in tremendous form.
Highest Opening Partnership
Both these teams are equally poised at 1.90 to have the highest opening partnership in this match, as all the openers are in great form so far. Rohit and De Kock are both explosive openers while Buttler and Smith are more than capable of posting massive partnership scores and are very consistent.
Top Team Bowler
Jasprit Bumrah is MI’s favourite to be the top bowler with odds of just 3.00, a testament to his wicket taking ability in the death overs. Followed by Trent Boult at 4.00
Jofra Archer is the favourite to be the top bowler from RR at 3.25, followed by Tom Curran at 4.33 and Shreyas Gopal at 4.50.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 323.5 runs in this match are 1.72, as per Bet 365. This is a pretty attractive bet as both these teams seem to easily post massive scores. Mumbai scored over 200 in their previous match while Rajasthan posted 200+ scores in their first two matches.
Individual Player Betting
- Rohit Sharma to score more than 26.5 runs has odds of 1.83 , which is a tempting bet as he would like to continue his prolific form. Jos Buttler to score more than 26.5 runs has odds of 2.00, which is again very tempting as he would like to continue his form from the last game.
- MI to hit the most sixes has odds of 1.90, which is very tempting as Pollard and Kishan can slam plemty of sixes among them, and they also have Rohit and Pandya for six hitting duties. RR to hit the most sixes has odds of 2.37, which depends mainly on Buttler and Samson.
- Jofra Archer to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.20, while Jasprit Bumrah to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.10. Both these bets are very likely as they are the top wicket-takers of their respective teams.
Our Top Betting Picks
- RR to win the match @2.30
- MI to hit the most sixes @1.80
- MI to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.90
- Archer to be RR’s top wicket-taker @3.00