Rajasthan Royals won the first ever IPL title in 2008, but have struggled ever since, while Delhi Capitals have never even reached the final, and are on an inspired quest for their first every title win. These two teams have played each other 20 times, with RR winning 11 of those, and DC winning the other 9.
Rajasthan Royals started IPL 2020 with a bang, winning their first 2 matches in dramatic fashion, scoring over 400 runs in the process. Their top order has been fairly consistent while Jofra Archer has been absolutely brilliant with the bat as well as ball. The return of Ben Stokes will make them an even more formidable unit. However, they have lost their last 3 matches in a row, and are currently struggling at the 7th spot in the table.
The Delhi Capitals won their opening two matches to get off to the perfect start, and were top of the table before they lost to Sunrisers Hyderabad. However they have again won 2 matches in a row, and are currently second in the table. Their batting top order looks fairly consistent, with notable contributions from at least two of the top order batsmen in every game so far, followed by some big hitting by the likes of Stoinis and Hetmyer after them. The bowling looks very good, however, with very economical spells by the spinners and a brilliant pace partnership between Rabada and Nortje. Amit Mishra has pulled out of the IPL though, due to a hand injury, and will be a big loss.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
The Delhi Capitals are the favourites to win the match with odds of 1.72 as per Bet 365. They have been one of the most impressive and balanced sides of the tournament so far, with remarkable consistency shown with the bat as well as ball. They look likely to continue their winning run. Rajasthan Royals are 2.10 as per Bet 365, which is dependent on their top order performing, which hasn’t happened in recent times as they have lost 3 matches in a row.
Top Team Batsman
Shikhar Dhawan is, as usual, the favourite to be Delhi’s top batsman in this match with odds of 3.60. His opening partner Prithvi Shaw has odds of 4.00 after his impressive innings in the second match, while captain Shreyas Iyer has odds of 4.50, after his blistering knock against KKR propelled them to 227.
Jos Buttler is unsurprisingly the favourite to be their top batsman in this match with odds of 3.25. He was their top scorer in the previous match, as they succumbed to a disappointing defeat to MI. His opening partner Sanju Samson has odds of 4.33, while the dependable Steve Smith also has odds of 4.33.
Highest Opening Partnership
Both these teams are equally poised at 1.90 to have the highest opening partnership in this match, as both are considered to have in-form opening pairs. Shaw and Dhawan have consistently given Delhi some solid starts with impressive stroke play in the initial overs , while Smith and Buttler can easily destroy any bowling attack on their day.
Top Team Bowler
South African pace spearhead Kagiso Rabada is in brilliant form of late, and is DC’s favourite to be the top bowler, at 2.87. He is also the current purple cap holder. He is followed by compatriot Nortje at 4.00. On the other hand, Jofra Archer is the favourite to be the top bowler from RR at 3.25, followed by all-rounder Tom Curran at 4.50.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 380.5 runs in this match are 1.83, as per Bet 365. Although this is a massive score, this is a pretty attractive bet as the average score at Sharjah this season has been over 200! Both these teams have posted some huge totals before, and are more than capable of crossing the 191 run mark required to win this bet.
Individual Player Betting
- Jos Buttler to score more than 27.5 runs has odds of 1.83, which is very tempting as he would like to continue his form from the last game. Prithvi Shaw to score more than 22.5 runs has odds of 1.83, which is again very tempting as he has looked in great touch of late.
- More than 22.5 sixes to be hit in this match has odds of 1.72, which is again very attractive as it is the smallest ground in the tournament. RR to hit the most sixes has odds of 1.90, which is likely as Samson and Buttler are known for their big sixes, while Tewatia and Archer can also blast away. DC to hit the most sixes has odds of 2.10, which depends heavily on Iyer, Stoinis and Pant mainly.
- Jofra Archer to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.10, while Rabada to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 1.90, which is almost a given with his form.
Our Top Betting Picks
- DC to win the match @1.80
- RR to hit the most sixes @1.90
- DC to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.90
- Rabada to be DC’s top wicket-taker @2.87