RCB are one of only 3 teams that have never won the IPL, while Chennai have reached a record 8 finals and won the trophy 3 different times, to become the second-most successful team in the IPL These two teams have faced each other 24 times in the IPL, with CSK winning 15 of those, and RCB winning only 8, with one match being abandoned. CSK have also won 6 of the last 7 encounters between these two.
CSK started the IPL in great fashion, by beating the favourites Mumbai Indians, however they have struggled massively ever since. Missing key players, they lost back to back matches against Rajasthan Royals and Delhi Capitals, and were near the bottom of the league table. However a comprehensive victory over KXIP had elevated them to the 5th spot, as their openers completely decimated the opposition. But then, the batting again failed as they failed to chase down a moderate score against KKR in their previous match.
RCB had a nightmare start to the tournament in contrast, being thrashed by KXIP by a mammoth 97 runs in their opening game. However, they bounced back well with impressive victories over Hyderabad and Mumbai. Virat Kohli finally delivered after 3 poor performances, and he along with the very impressive Devdutt Padikkal took RCB to glory against the Rajasthan Royals. However, things were back to normal as Delhi Capitals beat RCB by a huge margin in their last game.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
Both these teams are equally poised at 1.90 to win this match. Both have lost their previous match coming into this match, however RCB seem to be in better form comparatively. CSK have lost 4 of their last 5 matches and would be desperate to bounce back in this match.
Top Team Batsman
With a return to form, Virat Kohli is the favourite from RCB to be the top scorer, with odds of 3.00. AB Devilliers was brilliant as he top scored in the first match and is 4.00 to repeat that. Youth sensation Devdutt Padikkal scored another brilliant 50 in the previous match and is 4.33 to be the top scorer.
Faf Du Plessis is the favourite from CSK to be the top scorer, with odds of 3.50, while his fellow opener Shane Watson, has odds of 4.33. Both these senior members of the squad destroyed the Kings XI bowling attack as CSK won by 10 wickets. The impressive and consistent Rayudu has odds of 4.50.
Highest Opening Partnership
CSK are favourites at 1.80 to have the highest opening partnership in this match, after the heroics of Du Plessis and Watson in a couple of matches, as they recorded an incredible opening partnership of 181 to win the match by 10 wickets against KXIP.
Top Team Bowler
Sam Curran is the favourite from CSK to be the top bowler at 4.00, followed by experienced leggie Piyush Chawla at 4.33.
Yuzvendra Chahal is the undisputed favourite to be RCB’s top bowler in this match, with odds of 3.00 after a wicket-laden couple of matches. He is followed by the debutant Christ Morris at 4.50.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 329.5 runs in this match are 1.72, as per Bet 365. This is a pretty attractive bet as CSK’s openers can explode on their day, while RCB seem to have got Kohli back in form, and he can wreak havoc with ABD and Finch around him.
Individual Player Betting
- Virat Kohli to score more than 29.5 runs has odds of 1.83 , which is a tempting bet as he would like to continue his prolific form. Shane Watson to score more than 22.5 runs has odds of 1.83, which is again very tempting as he would like to continue his form from the last game.
- RCB to hit the most sixes has odds of 1.90, which is quite tempting considering the six-hitting abilities of ABD and Finch, and even Chris Morris down the order. CSK to hit the most sixes has odds of 2.20, which is attractive as Watson, Dhoni and Du Plessis all can clear the ropes with ease.
- Yuzu Chahal to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.10, while Chahar to take 1 or more wickets has odds of 1.51, which is almost a given with his form.
Our Top Betting Picks
- CSK to win the match @1.90
- RCB to hit the most sixes @1.90
- CSK to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.80
- Chahal to be RCB’s top wicket-taker @3.00