Chennai Super Kings are one of the most dominant teams in IPL history, having reached the final 8 times, and winning it 3 times. SRH won the title twice before, first as Deccan Chargers in 2009 and then under David Warner in 2016. These two sides have met 13 times in IPL history, with CSK winning 9 times and Sunrisers winning the other 4. When these two sides met earlier this season, SRH managed to secure a narrow 7-run victory after the top-orders of both these sides collapsed.
CSK started the IPL in great fashion, by beating the favourites Mumbai Indians, however they have struggled massively ever since. Missing key players, they lost back to back matches against Rajasthan Royals and Delhi Capitals, and were near the bottom of the league table. However a comprehensive victory over KXIP had elevated them to the 5th spot, as their openers completely decimated the opposition. But then, the batting again failed as they failed to chase down a moderate score against KKR. This has become a recurring issue for Chennai as their top-order failed again in the previous match against RCB as well.
SRH lost both their opening 2 matches, and were rock bottom of the table before their clash with Delhi Capitals. However, they regrouped and beat the table toppers with an impressive bowling performance, led by Rashid Khan and Bhuvaneshwar Kumar. They followed that up with another impressive victory of Chennai Super Kings, but faltered against Mumbai Indians. After that they scored 200+ against KXIP for a huge win, before throwing away the game from a winning position against RR in their previous match.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
Chennai Super Kings are the favourites to win the match with odds of 1.80 as per LeoVegas, which is slightly surprising as they have lost 4 of the last 5 matches they have played, including their previous match against RCB in disappointing fashion. SRH also lost their last match from a winning position, but are generally in better shape and have odds of 2.00 to win, as per Bet 365, which is attractive as their bowlers can take them to victory on their day.
Top Team Batsman
Faf Du Plessis is the favourite from CSK to be the top scorer, with odds of 3.50, while his fellow opener Shane Watson, who has struggled so far, has odds of 4.00. The impressive Rayudu has odds of 4.00, and would be looking bounce back with a solid innings.
SRH captain David Warner is unsurprisingly the favourite to be their top batsman in this match with odds of 3.00. His opening partner Johnny Bairstow has odds of 3.50, while the dependable Kane Williamson has odds of 5.00. The consistent Manish Pandey has odds of 4.50, which is an attractive bet.
Highest Opening Partnership
SRH are favourites at 1.80 to have the highest opening partnership in this match, as they are widely considered to have the best opening pair in the tournament, in Warner and Bairstow. An explosive start could be a game-changer in this match, and these two have given SRH plenty of brilliant starts this season.
Top Team Bowler
Rashid Khan is unsurprisingly SRH’s favourite to be the top team bowler at 2.62, followed by Natarajan at 5.00 and Khaleel at 4.50.
Sam Curran is the favourite from CSK to be the top bowler at 4.00, followed by experienced leggie Piyush Chawla at 4.33.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 327.5 runs in this match are 1.57, as per Bet 365. This seems highly achievable as both these teams have enough firepower to get some big scores, as only 164 per team is required for this bet.
Individual Player Betting
- Jonny Bairstow to score more than 24.5 runs has odds of 1.83 , which is a tempting bet as he would like to bounce back with a solid innings. Du Plessis to score more than 22.5 runs has odds of 1.57 , which is also a tempting bet as he seems to be in great form and is their primary opening batsman.
- CSK to hit the most sixes has odds of 1.90, which is understandable as they have Watson and Dhoni, who prefer the aerial route more often than not. SRH have odds of 2.20 to hit the most sixes, which is quite an attractive market as long as their openers fire.
- Rashid Khan to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.00 which is a given with his form, while Bravo to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 3.00, which is attractive as he can snap up some death over wickets.
Our Top Betting Picks
- SRH to win the match @2.00
- CSK to hit the most sixes @1.90
- SRH to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.80
- Rashid to be SRH’s top wicket-taker @2.62.