Mumbai Indians are the most successful franchise in IPL history, winning their 4th title last season. Rajasthan Royals won the first ever IPL title in 2008, but have struggled ever since. These 2 teams have faced off 22 times in total, with MI winning 11 times, and RR winning 10 matches, with one match being abandoned. Last season, however, the Royals defeated the eventual champions Mumbai in both fixtures. Earlier this season MI registered a huge win over RR to get ahead in the head to head record.
Rajasthan Royals started IPL 2020 with a bang, winning their first 2 matches in dramatic fashion, scoring over 400 runs in the process. Their top order has been fairly consistent while Jofra Archer has been absolutely brilliant with the bat as well as ball. The return of Ben Stokes will make them an even more formidable unit. They had lost 4 matches in a row, but came back brilliantly against SRH to move up to 6th in the table. However, another damaging defeat to table-toppers DC put them back in 7th place. RCB beat them convincingly recently, however they came back strongly against CSK to move up to 6th in the table. Things soured again though, with a one-sided defeat against SRH as they dropped to 7th again.
MI are currently sitting second in the league table, with 5 wins in 7 matches. After a couple of damaging defeats to arch-rivals CSK and RCB, MI recovered well to put up a mammoth score against Sunrisers Hyderabad, highlighting their deep batting line-up. Rohit Sharma and De Kock both have played some big innings each, but the most encouraging aspect is the form of their middle and lower batting order, with Pollard and the Pandya brothers helping them explode towards the end. They recorded an impressive win against the current table-toppers DC and followed that up with another dominant win over KKR. However, they lost in dramatic fashion against KXIP, as the matched ended with 2 super overs ! They bounced back straight away with a dominating 10 wicket victory over CSK.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
MI are the favourites to win the match with odds of 1.64 as per LeoVegas, which is not surprising considering they are in decent form of late comparatively, with 4 wins in their last 6 matches. RR have been struggling, in comparison, winning just 2 matches out of their last 5 matches this season, and are 2.25 to win this match. They lost their last match with a very poor bowling performance against SRH.
Top Team Batsman
Jos Buttler is still the favourite to be their top batsman in this match with odds of 3.75. He was their top scorer as they succumbed to a disappointing defeat to MI. His opening partner Sanju Samson has odds of 4.50, while the dependable Steve Smith also has odds of 4.50. The return of Ben Stokes has made him the second-favourite at 4.00, as per LeoVegas
Quinton De Kock and Rohit Sharma are again favourites from MI to be the top scorers, with odds of 3.60 and 3.50 respectively, and both are expected to give a solid start again. Suryakumar Yadav has been very consistent after them and is 4.50 to be the top scorer in this match.
Highest Opening Partnership
MI are favourites at 1.75 to have the highest opening partnership in this match. This is primarily because they have a fixed opening pair, who have both been prolific this season, unlike RR who have experimented several times with their opening combination.
Top Team Bowler
Jasprit Bumrah is MI’s favourite to be the top bowler with odds of just 3.50, a testament to his wicket taking ability in the death overs. Followed by Trent Boult at 4.00.
On the other hand, Jofra Archer is the favourite to be the top bowler from RR at 3.00, followed by all-rounder Tom Curran at 4.33 and leggie Shreyas Gopal at 4.50.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 333.5 runs in this match are 1.73, as per LeoVegas. This seems highly achievable as both these teams have some brilliant batsmen and are known for posting huge totals.
Individual Player Betting
- Quinton De Kock to score more than 25.5 runs has odds of 1.87 as per LeoVegas , which is a tempting bet as he would like to give another quick start to his team as always and is in decent form. Buttler to score more than 23.5 runs also has odds of 1.87, which is also a tempting bet as he would like improve his current form.
- Mumbai to hit the most sixes has odds of 1.65, which is understandable as they have several players who can clear the ropes. The Pandya brothers, Rohit Sharma, Pollard and De Kock all are known for their big hits. RR to hit the most sixes also has odds of 2.75, which are astonishingly good odds as they too have many players who can clear the ropes with ease.
- Bumrah to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.10 which is a given with his form, while Archer to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.00, which is attractive as he is in brilliant form.
Our Top Betting Picks
- MI to win the match @1.64
- RR to hit the most sixes @2.75
- MI to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.75
- Archer to be RR’s top bowler @3.00