The history between these two teams couldn’t have been more contrasting. Mumbai Indians are the most successful franchise in IPL history, winning their 4th title last season, while Delhi haven’t even reached the final once, let alone win the title. These two sides have faced each other a total of 24 times, with each side winning 12 matches, proving just how intense this rivalry is, as tonight could be a temporary tiebreaker. DC, however, have won 3 of the last 4 matches, and do look like the stronger side going into this clash.
The Delhi Capitals won their opening two matches to get off to the perfect start, and were top of the table before they lost to Sunrisers Hyderabad. However, they regained momentum and went on to win a hattrick of games. Their batting top order looks fairly consistent, with notable contributions from at least two of the top order batsmen in every game so far, followed by some big hitting by the likes of Stoinis and Hetmyer after them. The bowling looks very good, however, with very economical spells by the spinners and a brilliant pace partnership between Rabada and Nortje. The team looks to be as strong as ever and are currently top of the table with 5 wins in 6 matches.
MI are currently sitting 2nd the league table, with 4 wins in 6 matches. After a couple of damaging defeats to arch-rivals CSK and RCB, MI recovered well to put up a mammoth score against Sunrisers Hyderabad, highlighting their deep batting line-up. Rohit Sharma and De Kock both have played some big innings each, but the most encouraging aspect is the form of their middle and lower batting order, with Pollard and the Pandya brothers helping them explode towards the end.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
Mumbai Indians are favourites to win this match at odds of 1.80 as per Bet 365. They were dominant in their last two matches against RR and SRH, with a total of 400 runs scored in those 2 innings highlighting their strong batting line-up. Delhi To win has odds of 2.00, despite a 3 game winning run. This is a fairly attractive bet as Delhi look very strong and have great momentum as of now.
Top Team Batsman
Quinton De Kock and Rohit Sharma are again favourites from MI to be the top scorers, with odds of 3.50 and 3.30 respectively, and both are expected to give a solid start again. Suryakumar Yadav has been very consistent after them and is 5.00 to be the top scorer in this match.
Shikhar Dhawan is, as usual, the favourite to be Delhi’s top batsman in this match with odds of 3.60. His opening partner Prithvi Shaw has odds of 4.00 after his impressive innings in the second match, while captain Shreyas Iyer has odds of 4.50, after his blistering knock against KKR propelled them to 227. Even Rishabh Pant has odds of 4.50
Highest Opening Partnership
Mumbai Indians are favourites at 1.80 to have the highest opening partnership in this match. Despite the form of Prtithvi Shaw and Dhawan for DC, the sheer quality and experience of Rohit Sharma and De Kock may prove too much for DC to handle. The DC openers are 2.00 to have the highest partnership.
Top Team Bowler
South African pace spearhead Kagiso Rabada is in brilliant form of late, and is DC’s favourite to be the top bowler, at 2.75. He is also the current purple cap holder. He is followed by compatriot Nortje at 4.33.
Jasprit Bumrah is MI’s favourite to be the top bowler with odds of just 3.00, a testament to his wicket taking ability in the death overs. Followed by Trent Boult at 3.75.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 325.5 runs in this match are 1.66, as per Bet 365. This seems highly achievable as both these teams are known for their strong and deep batting line-ups. 163 is the average required score for this bet, and we are fairly confident that can be achieved.
Individual Player Betting
- Quinton De Kock to score more than 23.5 runs has odds of 1.72 , which is a tempting bet as he would like to finally post a huge score early on. Shikhar Dhawan to score more than 23.5 runs has odds of 1.80, which could be a gamble considering he is fairly inconsistent and unpredictable.
- Mumbai to hit the most sixes has odds of 1.76, which is understandable as they have several players who can clear the ropes. The Pandya brothers, Rohit Sharma, Pollard and De Kock all are known for their big hits. DC have odds of 2.45 to hit the most sixes, which is highly dependent on Pant, Stoinis and Hetmyer.
- Rabada to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 1.90 which is a given with his form, while Bumrah to take 2 or more wickets also has odds of 1.90, which is highly likely given his ability to take wickets in the death overs.
Our Top Betting Picks
- DC to win the match @2.00
- MI to hit the most sixes @1.76
- MI to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.80
- Rabada to be DC’s top wicket-taker @2.75.