Kings XI Punjab are one of only 3 teams that have never won the IPL title. Mumbai Indians, on the other hand are the most successful IPL franchise with 4 titles to their name. These two sides have met 24 times in IPL history, with MI winning 13 times and Kings winning the other 11.
KXIP look to be in incredible batting form. Both their openers, Rahul and Mayank have played two big innings each, including a century each as well. They have scored 200+ runs twice already, although their bowling failed them as RR managed to chase down the highest score in IPL history against them. With more support from the likes of Maxwell and Pooran in the middle order, and more consistency from the bowling attack, KXIP should be able to see off MI.
MI had a poor start to the campaign, but recovered well to win against KKR. However, in the last game, they fell at the final hurdle after an incredible chase led them to tie the match against RCB. That should give them confidence that even if the top order collapses, the likes of Pollard and Kishan are more than capable of playing big innings.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
Mumbai Indians are the favourites to win the match with odds of 1.66 as per Bet 365, which is slightly surprising as they have lost 2 out of the 3 matches they have played so far, including their previous match against RCB in dramatic fashion. . KXIP has been one of the better batting sides of the tournament, crossing 200 twice but lost their previous game from a winning position, and have odds of 2.20 to win, as per Bet 365, which is attractive as their batsmen can take them to victory on their day.
Top Team Batsman
After his unbelievable form in the previous match, KL Rahul is the favourite to be Punjab’s top batsman, with odds of 3.00. He is followed by Mayank Agarwal at 4.50, which is tempting as he was the top scorer in their previous match with a stunning century.
Quinton De Kock and Rohit Sharma are again favourites from MI to be the top scorers, with odds of 3.75 and 3.40 respectively, and both are expected to give a solid start again. Suryakumar Yadav has been very consistent after them and is 5.00 to be the top scorer in this match, while the top scorer of the previous match Ishan Kishan is at 5.50.
Highest Opening Partnership
Both these teams have equal odds for having the highest opening partnership in this match at 1.90. Rohit and De Kock are very experienced and consistent openers for MI while Rahul and Mayank are the most in-form openers of IPL 2020 so far.
Top Team Bowler
Jasprit Bumrah is MI’s favourite to be the top bowler with odds of just 3.00, a testament to his wicket taking ability in the death overs. Followed by Trent Boult at 4.00
Mohammed Shami is the favourite to be the top bowler for Punjab at 3.00, with Cottrel at 4.50 another attractive option.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 318.5 runs in this match are 1.61, as per Bet 365. This is not surprising as Kings XI Punjab have crossed 200 runs in two of their matches so far. MI have a fairly deep batting lineup as well, as proved in the previous match when the top order collapsed yet they manage to tie the match.
Individual Player Betting
- KL Rahul to score more than 27.5 runs has odds of 1.83 , which is a tempting bet as he seems to be in great form. Rohit Sharma to score more than 22.5 runs has odds of 1.66, which is again very tempting as he would be looking to bounce back from the previous match.
- MI to hit the most sixes has odds of 1.90, which is very tempting as Pollard and Kishan slammed plemty of sixes among them in the previous match, and they also have Rohit and Pandya for six hitting duties. KXIP to hit the most sixes has odds of 2.25, which depends on both their openers exploding again.
- Jasprit Bumrah to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.00, while Chris Jordan not to take a wicket has odds of 2.75, which is likely as he is out of form.
Our Top Betting Picks
- KXIP to win the match @2.20
- MI to hit the most sixes @1.90
- KXIP to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.90
- Shami to be KXIP’s top wicket-taker @3.00