RCB are one of only 3 teams to have never won the IPL title, while Rajasthan Royals were the inaugural champions of the tournament back in 2008, but have consistently struggled ever since. However, RCB are of the very few teams against who RR have a positive head to head record, winning 10 out of the 21 matches they have played so far, with 3 being abandoned and 8 being won by RCB.
Rajasthan Royals started IPL 2020 with a bang, winning their first 2 matches in dramatic fashion, scoring over 400 runs in the process. Their top order has been fairly consistent while Jofra Archer has been absolutely brilliant with the bat as well as ball. The return of Ben Stokes will make them an even more formidable unit. They need to bounce back from a disappointing and uncharacteristic defeat to KKR.
RCB had a nightmare start to the tournament in contrast, being thrashed by KXIP by a mammoth 97 runs in their opening game. However, they bounced back well with impressive victories over Hyderabad and Mumbai. Virat Kohli’s form is a bit of a concern, however, as the captain is the only batsman in the RCB top order who is yet to deliver.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
RCB are the favourites to win the match with odds of 1.80 as per Bet 365. They are in decent form with 2 wins in their last 3 matches, including a close win in their previous match against Mumbai Indians. RR started with a bang, winning their first two matches, but then lost their 3rd to KKR, and currently have odds of 2.00 to win, as per Bet 365, which is attractive as their batting top order can take the game away from the opposition.
Top Team Batsman
Rajasthan Royals now have Jos Buttler back and he is unsurprisingly the favourite to be their top batsman in this match with odds of 3.60. His opening partner Sanju Samson has odds of 4.00, while the dependable Steve Smith also has odds of 4.00. Both these bets are very attractive as Smith and Samson are in tremendous form.
Despite his poor form, Virat Kohli is the favourite from RCB to be the top scorer, with odds of 3.00. AB Devilliers was brilliant as he top scored in the first match and is 4.00 to repeat that. Youth sensation Devdutt Padikkal scored a brilliant 50 on debut and is 4.33 to be the top scorer.
Highest Opening Partnership
Both these teams are equally poised at 1.90 to have the highest opening partnership in this match, as all the openers are in great form so far. Devdutt and Finch are slowly turning out to be a gem of a pair, while Smith and Buttler up top is a world-class pairing.
Top Team Bowler
Yuzvendra Chahal is the undisputed favourite to be RCB’s top bowler in this match, with odds of 3.40 after a wicket-laden couple of matches. He is followed by Adam Zampa (4.33) to be among the favourites to be the top bowlers of their respective teams, as per Bet 365.
Jofra Archer is the favourite to be the top bowler from RR at 3.25, followed by Shreyas Gopal at 4.50.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 326.5 runs in this match are 1.83, as per Bet 365. This is a pretty attractive bet as RR have a fertile batting lineup that scored more than 200 runs in both their first two matches. RCB posted a huge total in their previous match as well, and there is plenty of batting talent in this match to take the total number of runs above 326.5.
Individual Player Betting
- RCB to hit the most sixes has odds of 2.00, which is likely as ABD, Kohli and Finch can clear the ropes with ease. RR to hit the most sixes has odds of 2.10, which is very tempting as the likes of Sanju Samson, Jos Buttler, Tewatia and even Jofra Archer, all are big hitters.
- Jofra Archer to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.10, while Chahal to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.20, which is likely.
- Virat Kohli to score more than 29.5 runs has odds of 2.83 , which is a tempting bet as he would like to finally make a big innings, and put his poor form behind him. Jos Buttler to score more than 26.5 runs has odds of 1.83, which is again very tempting as he would like to continue his form from the last game, where he narrowly missed out on this total.
Our Top Betting Picks
- RR to win the match @2.00
- RR to hit the most sixes @2.10
- RCB to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.90
- Chahal to be RCB’s top wicket-taker @3.40